Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm not trying to drag this out, but...

This morning, as Adeline and I were taking a lovely Nature Walk, we slipped and fell and I broke my ass.

Well, not exactly.

I mean, we were out walking.  There was a little brook, and we (read: she) decided to head down the quite steep, leaf covered embankment for a closer look.  About half way down, she needed to be carried and this is where things went awry.

I picked her up, turned around, took a step, and fell.  She landed on top of me because I was still holding her (read: not breaking my fall) and while I was listening to some bone, somewhere, go *snap*, and quickly assessing my level of all-right-ness, my daughter announced that we were fine.  And so we were.  After about three minutes of me carefully testing out my injured body as hike-worthy.

Anyway, I don't know what, if anything is broken.  But man.  Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are awfully painful.  And I know, you're like, aaaannnndddWHAT does this have to do with you not posting about your book event evening?  Well, me and my broken butt are going to take a nap instead of spending the hour plus it will take to upload videos to youtube and such.

I'm sorry.  I am.


Here's another blurry photo for you though?

No comments: